Here is what I had planned to do with my time these 4 days:
- Work 4 1/2 hrs on Sunday (the price of that full day of comp time on Tuesday- Sunday hours are worth extra comp hours)
- Find someplace new and lovely to take my kayak for a solo paddle, with picnic
- Buy a small chest freezer during the Labor Day sales
- Hit up the farmers' markets for produce now that everything is at its peak quality, and prep pounds and pounds of lovely things to freeze for winter in my new freezer
- Spend time in my hammock with books, or napping
- Spend time on my beach with books, or wading
- Work on my travel scrap-books
- Possibly drive up to visit my bestest friend V, who will feel lonesome once her sweetie-pie departs early Monday for a long separation.
- Working 4 1/2 hrs on Sunday
- Blowing my nose
- Taking a cocktail of Tylenol, Mucinex, and either Benadryl or Claratin (depending on time of day) every 6 hours
- Napping and/or lying about feeling stuffy, achy, and clammy
- Whining some more
- Feeling generally sorry for myself
p.s.- No, it's not Swine Flu, thank-you-very-much. It's a run-of-the-mill upper respiratory infection of the non-specific variety, not helped at all by the sudden explosion of Fall-season pollen in the air.