Sunday, September 06, 2009

Homemade Breakfast Sausage

This recipe comes from my friend and co-worker Amy. I have not yet tried it myself, but she assures me it is delicious. I'll be sure and post an update when I do get a chance to try it.

Ingredients
1 1/4 lb fresh ground pork
1 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp rosemary
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)

Instructions

Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Form into patties and cook on a medium-hot griddle or skillet until browned and no pink remains in center; drain on paper towels. Or, layer uncooked patties between waxed paper and freeze in airtight zip-top freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately. Constructive criticism gratefully accepted, but please be kind to the authors and other commenters. Trolls not welcome here.