Sunday, August 09, 2009

New Boots

I am feeling a little silly, clomping around my house in laced-up hiking boots with hi-tech smartwool socks, doing laundry & chores. Why, you might ask? Well, remember when you were a little kid, and you got brand-new shoes, and you mother wouldn't let you wear them home because you had to wear them in the house on the carpet only for several days to make sure they really, truly did fit? Because once they got scuffed or dirty, there was no returning them?
Well, it's like that. These are really nice hiking boots and I paid $$ for them @ the LL Bean outlet. So I'm wearing them around the house for hours on end just to be sure, because this coming Saturday they'll get a trial by fire at the CERT disaster drill, and after that there will be no going back. These will be my boots for the forseeable future. (And when I say "trial by fire," I mean actual fire!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately. Constructive criticism gratefully accepted, but please be kind to the authors and other commenters. Trolls not welcome here.