- boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, or breasts cut into strips.
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 1/2 C. milk (can substitute soy or coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 C. hoisin sauce (Chinese sauce found in jars on Asian/ethnic aisle)
- juice of 1 lime, or 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp ground dried ginger (or 1 Tbsp fresh grated)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
Whisk together all ingredients except chicken until smooth and combined. Scoop 1/2 C mixture per each pound of chicken into a large zip-top bag (save the rest in the fridge for later). Add the chicken, seal the bag, and skoosh all around to coat the chicken. Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
Remove chicken and discard marinade left in bag. Cook the chicken strips by:
- Threading onto skewers and searing on a hot charcoal or gas grill, 2-3 minutes per side
- Searing on a hot griddle, 2-3 minutes per side
- Cooking on a counter-top grill (George Foreman-type), approx. 4 minutes
- Broiling, turning once, 2-5 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with reserved sauce for dipping, or refrigerate for use in other recipes.