- Blog. - Ok, you can see how well I didn't do with this one. But I tried, and I started the Flight Blog too, even if I didn't keep that one up much better than this one.
- Talk to/ spend time with family - Not so hot either. Although I did talk to them more on the phone, which is something. And over the holidays I spent time with everyone.
- Read the Bible. - Yes and no. I read the entire New Testament in pretty steady daily sessions during the first part of the year. Usually at lunchtime- the getting up early thing didn't work out so hot. And I downloaded the entire New International Version onto my Palm, which was a great help in finding bits of time to read it. I tried to look up and read the daily Mass reading every day, but never made it more than a few days in a row before forgetting for several more days. So, this one was hot and cold.
- Be on time. - Much better. I'm rarely late for work anymore, and often a few minutes early. I've only been late for one flight lesson. I'm still always late for church, but less late, and always before the greeter is finished.
- Be sociable. - Better, as much as the hectic schedule that developed this year would allow. Helped Mindy host a really-truly fancy sit-down dinner party for grown-ups.
- Pray. - Same partial success as Bible reading. I do okay for a while, and lapse for a while. I tend to remember while driving to work that I meant to pray in the morning before leaving for work, and end up praying in the car, often the same or very much the same prayer each time. But I do pray!
- Write. - Not so much. In fact, hardly at all. I just didn't make/find the time.
- Daily TaeKwonDo practice/ conditioning. - Pardon me while I snort with rueful laughter. Again, not so much. Although I did nevertheless do well in 2 tournaments and advance to Brown Belt.
- Witness. - Not much, except for quietly praying before meals even when others could see me.
- Eat healthful food. - Oh, dear. Did well for short stretches here and there, but mostly succumbed to crazy schedule and fatigue, and ate what was fast and available, which is seldom healthful. Gained weight, bigger jeans. Gotta do better.
- Clean. Out. Everything. - Major progress on this front. Played "Clean Sweep" in multiple waves. Angie and Virginia helped me. Held a joint yard sale with Mom & Aunt Nancy, and got rid of tons of stuff. Still a ways to go to the orderly life I crave, but definitely major progress.
- Listen before speaking. - Again, noticeable progress. Still a chatterbox. Probably always will be, but continuing to cultivate thoughtfulness.
- Less TV. - Check! Rarely watch anything but occasional FoodTV, and sometimes Survivor for companionship with Mindy.
- Learn to play the guitar. - Check! Stuck with the lessons, although Michele had to drop out, and by Christmas, the 3 of us remaining could play 'Silent Night,' and anyone listening knew it was 'Silent Night.' Lessons to continue in the New Year.
- Make a whole quilt. - Nope. I cancelled this goal in favor of other pursuits. I did replace my worthless sewing machine, though.
- Learn to cook fish. - Well, I did learn to cook Tilapia fillets very well, 2 ways. And I perfected steamed shrimp. More branching out would be good.
- Learn to cook Indian food. - Not really. I just didn't have time for much kitchen work this year, alas.
- Take a real vacation. Check! I went to Grand Canyon and Sedona, AZ with Virginia. We hiked and strolled and saw sunrises and sunsets and ate everything, at our own pace. It was lovely.
- Dress professionally. - Did well for a good while, then slipped somewhat when the weather got cold and I had fewer wardrobe options and less time. Also, I gained weight, further limiting the wardrobe. But overall better this year!
- Be less hard on me. - Yes, I really did do better on this one. Also on the related area of stress management. I have focused on this and really learned to take a deep breath and let go, rather than dwell on things. I am much more able to simply do or give the best I can with what I have, and then let things be what they will be with that. Sometimes I have to consciously unclench the vise in my chest to do this, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I can do it. Yay me! Happy New Year.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Resolution '06 Review
A mixed bag this year. All in all, not terrible. Plus, the flying is something super-cool that wasn't even on the list!